For more than 30 years, Joe Marino III has practiced law on the West Bank of Jefferson Parish. Having grown up in Gretna, Joe is a civic leader who has spent his personal and professional life serving the needs of both his clients as well as his community. Having focused most of his career on Criminal Defense, he is well versed in all aspects of the Jefferson Parish criminal justice system and the 24th Judicial District Courts. He is an experienced trial attorney, who takes client cases seriously and handles them with professional efficiency. He understands that you rely on his knowledge and expertise in dealing with the criminal cases in Jefferson Parish and will make sure your questions are answered keeping you fully informed every step of the way.
Joe served two terms as a Louisiana State Representative for District 85 in Gretna. Within the House of Representatives, he was appointed to the Judiciary Committee , the Civil Law Committee and served as Chairman of Administration of the Criminal Justice. Prior to being elected State Representative, he served as a Gretna City Councilman. Additionally, Joe was the President of the Jefferson Bar Association for two terms and a board member for 8 years. He also served as a board member for the Louisiana Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. Finally, he is a certified instructor for the Gretna, Kenner and Westwego Police Academies.
In 2023, Joe was honored with an appointment as Ad Hoc Judge in Division “D” of the 24th Judicial District Court by the Louisiana Supreme Court. He served in that capacity until December 31, 2023.
- Awarded Peer Review AV Rating for the highest possible rating in legal ability and ethical standards by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Guest lecturer at Loyola School of Law and Tulane University
- Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
- Named to New Orleans Magazine’s Top Lawyers
- Recipient of the CityBusiness Leadership in Law Award
- Former Front End Committee Member of the Louisiana Sentencing Commission
- Guest criminal defense law attorney on Power of Attorney (a legal television series)
- Named to Legal Leaders – Louisiana’s Top Rated Lawyers in field of Criminal Defense
- Board Member of the Westbank Boys & Girls Club
Joe Marino, III graduated from Louisiana State University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Journalism, and the University of South Carolina School of Law with a Juris Doctorate degree. He is a proud alumni of Holy Cross School in New Orleans. Joe has three daughters and currently resides in the historic district of Gretna.